Can't find something ?

August 28, 2012

HAMSA

Fatima's Hand, Beware of the evil eye, Good omen, Superstitious? 

HAMSA.
I wear a hamsa around my neck. Once gifted to me by my mother and boyfriend it seems to have become a part of me. I hate to take it off, and if I do, it is back on in no time. Call me superstitious?

I just recently got my roll of film developed from the Zeiss Ikon Nettar, with so many unpleasant, out of focus photos as result. I began to see some symbolism within this photo. An abalone shell becomes an eye.



So why not... wacky and tacky here we go!

    

repetition... 

imagine an entire room with this wheatpasted to the walls! 
Installation! Oh art... how I love you. 
SO who will let me do this... 
hmmmmmm maybe a little guerrilla install first?!?!?!

No comments:

Post a Comment