Can't find something ?

August 6, 2012

Oh how I love theeeee.....

One reason I love living in the Bay Area is the plethora of street art. I love it all. The appearance of pieces big or small- wheatpastes, stickers, walls, and even cars! 

A collage of photos I have taken of street and public art.

There is always something new. Something I haven't seen.
The thing that gets me most is the mysteriousness of it all. I'll go on a run in the morning and viola! Overnight someone, or something, made art. 

 
Gats piece on San Pablo Ave, Berkeley,CA.

I love walking down San Pablo, looking at all the passerby's, trying to figure out who is GATS, or who is Bella Ciao. These are the little things that brighten my day.

next door to Beer Revolution in  downtown Oakland,CA.

I just came across this project that needs a little help. 
This project called SPECIAL DELIVERY by Endless Canvas, will turn an abandoned warehouse into a graffiti castle! 
Check it out on Kickstarter!

... Also a fun group that just started out of Oakland, the Love Oakland Group.



They have been "beautifying" 15th st. in Downtown Oakland between Webster and Franklin in hopes to encourage positivity and creative growth in the city.
A talented friend of mine, NoOne, is a part of the collective. I don't think he ever stops painting.

Done on UC Berkeley Campus, by rubbing away mossy-mold stuff off a cement wall. 
Amazingly clever...check out his site to see how talented he is.

Head over there and check out the gold parking meters. You'll be delighted with sparkly joy!


 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment