Can't find something ?

March 23, 2012

Film enthused

With my degree in the can (FINALLY), taking time to exercise one of my favorite hobbies has become somewhat obsessive. (but in a good way)

Analogue photography has always been one of my passions. I can't seem to get my butt away from lomography.com, where I am finding new possibilities and inspirations for creating photographs. I never thought about the film as one of the key elements to creating a particular photograph. For me it was always about finding the cheapest pack of color film (usually for all light conditions, as I did not want to limit where I photographed) or a pack of Kodak B/W CN 400, which would pop up on the shelves at Walgreens, etc.

When I took Black and White photography at Allan Hancock College, I began to become interested in the different types of B/W films, but most of the film that I bought was never put to use, as I leaped into an obsession with pinhole cameras using litho film and digital negatives.
Recently I have found these rolls of film that I set aside for so long, some expired, and I am quite excited and nervous at the same to use them. I hate to waste a roll of film, but I guess the old motto is "no harm no foul."
I got to go for it.


And now that I have been getting my film processed at Photolab, I know so many more possibilities can happen with my photographs. I can't seem to make decisions with what camera to pair with what film

I currently just loaded the following :
+ Olympus OM-10 with Lomo X Tungsten film 35mm
+ Lomo Oktomat with Lomo Color Negative 100 35mm
+ Olympus Infinity II with Fujichrome Provia 100F 35mm

These are some photographs taken with the Lomo Fisheye 1 loaded with X Tungsten film, then cross processed. There are multiple exposures on the 2 photographs below.


















No comments:

Post a Comment